Monday, February 14, 2011

Sad...

For all the effort, all the time, the tent is not usable.

Apparently, the canvas is not really cotton.  Applying a waterproofing product for cotton to non-cotton canvas results in a smelly, never-drying disaster.

Fortunately, I only waterproofed the roof.  The walls are ok.  I'll just have to make a new roof.

That won't happen in time for Estrella, so I guess I'll be using my First-Up pop-up as a tent one more time.

The disappointment is really, really intense.  My elbow is hurting from the abuse of sewing that thing, and now I can't even use it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, ouch, but without ouches, we'd not have cause to appreciate the ouch-less times in life. I'm going to make it to Estrella, the tent is going to get fixed eventually and all will work out ok, more or less.

    Had to pout for a few minutes, sulk a couple minutes more, but now it's time to get back to packing and get this show on the road. I'm all done whining.

    ReplyDelete